Statement of Purpose
“My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.”
1 John 3:18
1 John 3:11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another,
12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.
13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you.
14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
16 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?
What we believe
Statement of Faith
1. in one God, eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matt. 28:19; Gal. 4:4-6; Eph. 2:6, 13-18; I John 5:1-13
2. that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, and was born of the virgin Mary. Luke 1:35; Matt. 1:20–25
3. that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, effects the New Birth, gives guidance in life, empowers for service, and enables perseverance in faith and holiness. John 16:7–11, 13
4. that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, revealing God and His will, both in the Old and New Testaments. Luke 1:70; II Tim. 3:16; II Peter 1:20, 21
5. that in the beginning God created all things in six 24-hour days and rested on the seventh day. He made man in His own image with a free will, a moral character, and a spiritual nature. Col. 1:16, 17; John 1:1-13
6. that man, through unbelief and disobedience, fell into sin bringing depravity and death upon the human race, and that man as a sinner is self-centered and self-willed, unable to redeem himself. Rom. 3:10-18, 23, 5:12
7. that there is one Mediator between God and man- the Man Christ Jesus Who shed His blood and died on Calvary to redeem us from sin, was resurrected from the dead, ascended to heaven, and is sitting at the right hand of the Father interceding for us. John 3:16; Heb. 9:12-14, 10:12; Col. 1:20-22
8. that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ—a free gift bestowed by God on all who believe in Christ, repent of their sins, are born again, and walk in newness of life. Eph. 2:8, 9; John 3:3, 5; Rom. 6:1-7, 10:9,10
9. that the church is the body of Christ, and that all those who are born again and walk in obedience to the Word of God constitute the true church of which Christ is the Head. Eph. 1:22, 23; Col. 1:18; I John 1:7; I Tim. 3:15
10. that God provides the church with the necessary leadership, such as bishops, ministers, evangelists, and deacons, to shepherd the flock, teach the Word, administer the ordinances, and lead the church in the exercise of discipline. Eph. 4:11-16
11. that Christ commissioned the church to evangelize the world, make disciples of all men, teach them to follow Him in a Biblical walk of life, and minister to the needs of all people. Mark 16:15; Matt. 28:19, 20; I John 3:17
12. that those who repent and believe should be baptized with water as a symbol of new birth, baptism of the Spirit, cleansing from sin, commitment to Christ, and separation from evil. Matt. 28:19; Acts 2:38, 10:44–48; I Pet. 3:21
13. that the church should observe the communion of the Lord’s Supper as a symbol of His broken body and shed blood in a common union of believers with Christ and one another. I Cor. 10:16-21, 11:23-26
14. that Christ taught both by example and by commandment that feet-washing is a symbol of brotherhood, service, and humility, and should be observed literally. John 13:3-17
15. that the holy kiss should be practiced as a symbol of Christian love among the believers, brother with brother, and sister with sister. Rom. 16:16; I Pet. 5:14
16. that God has established unique roles of authority for man and woman. Therefore, a man’s head is to be uncovered in praying and prophesying, and the woman’s head is to be veiled, and her hair uncut, signifying their acceptance of God’s order. I Cor. 11:1-16
17. that anointing with oil, accompanied by the prayer of faith, is honored by God in the restoration of physical health, in accordance to His will. James 5:14, 15
18. that marriage is designed by God to be the union of one man and one woman for life. Therefore, any sexual relationship outside this marriage is adultery. Furthermore, adultery, fornication, homosexuality, lesbianism, and any other sexual involvement is condemned by God. Heb. 13:4; Mark 10:6–9; Romans 1:24-28; I Cor. 6:9, 10
19. that the personal appearance and lifestyle of Christian men and women should be modest, free from worldly fashion and adornment, maintaining simplicity in all areas of life, living as strangers and pilgrims in this world, seeking a city not made with hands and eternal in the heavens. Rom. 12:1, 2; James 4:4; I John 2:15–17
20. that Christians should live a nonresistant lifestyle without any acts of retaliation, demonstrating the love of Christ in their daily walk. Matt. 5:39-46; John 18:36; Rom. 12:19-21
21. that life is sacred and begins at conception and that Christians must not take part in any destruction of human life, born or unborn; therefore we cannot endorse or allow abortive contraceptives. Luke 18:20
22. that the church and state are ordained of God as separate entities in His divine plan, and that believers should honor rulers, be subject to their authority, and pray for them. Rom. 13:1-7; I Peter 2:13-17
23. that the unrepentant, fallen brother or sister shall be excommunicated from the body of Christ in the spirit of love, and shall be received back into fellowship upon repentance and amendment of life. I Cor. 5:1–13; II Cor. 6:14
24. in the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, the blessed hope of believers, and that upon His return He will resurrect the righteous to eternal bliss in heaven, and the unrighteous to eternal damnation in hell. He will sit on the throne of His glory, judging all nations in the last day. I Thess. 4:16, 17; Matt. 25:31-46